Book a FREE TRIAL LESSON.
Complete beginners welcome.
No obligation to buy after.
“Darby woke this morning and was playing guitar before she even got up!”
Acoustic Guitar lessons – Taught via Zoom
After 15 years teaching all sorts of people, I think the 2 most important things to remember are:
1) learning an instrument should be fun
2) lessons should get you to the next level
The material you study should reflect the Music you like. It should be selected because it will help you reach your goals. This way you will enjoy your lessons and you will enjoy practising too!
Too often, students turn up for lessons and the teacher has nothing new planned. They either work mindlessly through Grades or just pick a song at random and then next week another song and another song the week after that. And you never really finishing anything properly. There’s no progression route.
And if you’re struggling to learn Guitar from Youtube, you’re not alone. It can be difficult to understand what is happening in song tutorials if you don’t have the basic foundation. A little bit of knowledge can go a long way – but you need the right knowledge at the right time.
So, if you think your Guitar playing could benefit from things like – constructive feedback, new techniques, material that will help you improve step by step and theory explained in a way that supports your playing – then I’d love to hear from you.
“I’ve learnt so much about music that I never thought I’d be able to learn or understand.”
SINGLE LESSON (30min)
- 1 – 1 lessons – not groups. We can focus on YOU and you can get the most out of your time.
- Taught via Zoom – learn from the comfort of your sofa!
- Lessons can be recorded – so you can have the replay and easily remember what we worked on during the lesson.
- TABs and notation emailed to you
- Links to other useful resources emailed to you (youtube vids for listening, websites and tools etc)
- Support inbetween lessons – email or txt your questions at anytime between your lessons and I’ll get back to you within a day
- Weekly Wednesday Live Lessons on Instagram – I do a live teaching session every week where I answer specific questions and go over topics people ask for..just msg me before hand.
- Book as and when you need – no need to make lengthy commitments – if you just want an occassional lesson to get new ideas and things to work on that’s fine.
MONTHLY (4 lessons)
- If you want to have lessons every week you can block book a month and get a discount.
- Same deal as single lessons but for people who want to spend more time with a teacher.
- Good for children or complete beginners who want to set a solid foundation.
“Iain is a great teacher who makes music fun and accessible. My son Hamish loved learning with him.”
“Your explanations are really brilliant for a beginner like me and at a good pace enough to practice and build on from the previous session. Thank you!”
“She has really enjoyed the lessons and has learnt so much, I’m really impressed!”
“Can’t vouch for Iain’s method and teaching style enough, if your interested in learning guitar Iain is your man!”
“I also keep meaning to say how brilliant it’s been for Beth doing your classes – she really looks forward to them, and in a year of upheaval, it’s been so good for her to have something so positive to keep focused on throughout. She and I were talking the other day about how much she’s learned too. She could hardly imagine back to when she was first learning Drunken Sailor, and now she’s patiently teaching me chord progressions! :-D”