Who I am?
Iain Robert MacLeod – self employed musician and teacher
website address is: https://iainmacleodmusic.com
note to reader: it is a legal obligation to have a Privacy notice on a website. i didn’t want to write this tedious boring piece of text, but I had to. If you don’t want to go through it all, here’s the summary:
If you are worried about your info being collected by me or by using this site then please do get in touch (info at the bottom of the page)
Here’s the long version…
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO I COLLECT?
Information automatically collected
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use the
Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the
Website . Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the
Website . For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
2. HOW DO I USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- Fulfill and manage your orders. I may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments or returns.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. I may use your information (email address) to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in a competition.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. I may use your information to provide you with the requested service. (That’s posh speak for “I might send you emails if I need to communicate with you”)
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. I may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. I may use the personal information you send to me for marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about me or my
Website , subscribing to news letter or otherwise contacting me, I will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
- Consent: I may process your data if you have given me specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Performance of a Contract: Where I have entered into a contract with you, I may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: I may disclose your information where I am legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: I may disclose your information where I believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.