[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section” _builder_version=”4.7.7″ background_color=”#f6f0ee” hover_enabled=”0″ sticky_enabled=”0″][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” custom_padding=”0px|||||”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” _builder_version=”4.7.7″ header_font=”Inria Serif|700|||||||” header_font_size=”72px” header_2_font=”ABeeZee|700|||||||” header_2_font_size=”28px” background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” custom_margin=”-97px||||false|false” custom_padding_tablet=”” custom_padding_phone=”0px||||false|false” custom_padding_last_edited=”on|phone” header_font_size_tablet=”” header_font_size_phone=”” header_font_size_last_edited=”on|desktop” header_2_font_size_tablet=”” header_2_font_size_phone=”” header_2_font_size_last_edited=”on|desktop”]
Who I am?
Iain Robert MacLeod – self employed musician and teacher
website address is: https://iainmacleodmusic.com
note to reader: it is a legal obligation to have a Privacy notice on a website. i didn’t want to write this tedious boring piece of text, but I had to. If you don’t want to go through it all, here’s the summary:
If you are worried about your info being collected by me or by using this site then please do get in touch (info at the bottom of the page)
Here’s the long version…
TABLE OF CONTENTS
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
9.WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO I COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to me
I collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to me when you express an interest in obtaining information about me or products and services I provide. The only info I collect is your name and email address. I do this when you join my email list or send me an email.
Payment Data. I don’t take payments directly through the website. If you want to purchase services such as Guitar lessons then this is arranged through direct bank transfer or Paypal. I will never collect any personal info re payments (e.g. bank details). If you buy an album you will be doing so through a third party site bandcamp.com
If you are worried about info Paypal or Bandcamp may take from you I can only advise you to check out their respective terms and conditions and Privacy notices.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit this Website.
I automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of the Website.
Like many businesses, I also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use the Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
2. HOW DO I USE YOUR INFORMATION?
I process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of my contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. I may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments or returns.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. I may use your information (email address) to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in a competition.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. I may use your information to provide you with the requested service. (That’s posh speak for “I might send you emails if I need to communicate with you”)
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. I may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. I may use the personal information you send to me for marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about me or my Website, subscribing to news letter or otherwise contacting me, I will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
I only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
I may process or share your data that I hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: I may process your data if you have given me specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Performance of a Contract: Where I have entered into a contract with you, I may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: I may disclose your information where I am legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: I may disclose your information where I believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Yes, some cookies are used on the site. They are mainly from 3rd parties such as google, youtube and bandcamp. See the Cookies Policy page for full details.
5. HOW DO I HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
I don’t. I don’t ask for your social logins so I won’t be handling them in any way, fun or otherwise.
6. HOW LONG DO I KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
I will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required by law.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, I will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then I will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
By not sharing it with anyone unless the law forces me to do so. In which case it’s the man you have a problem with, not me. (And you probably brought it upon yourself by breaking a law.)
8. DO I COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
I do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. I will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Website visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
10. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, I do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, I will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
11. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short:Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) I disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
12. DO I MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
Yes, at some point it will be necessary to update this notice to stay compliant with relevant laws. (yawn)
13. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Musselburgh EH21 7AD
14. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information I collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request to the email or address above (section 13)